Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kjeragbolten Hike

A large hike was on today's schedule.  Myself, along with Kristine, her family, and some of her extended family took a 2 hour hike each way to Kjeragbolten.  This hike is near the Lysefjord (check out the link below to find out more information).  This was probably the most "Norwegian" experience I have had thus far.  On this hike I used muscles I never even knew I had!  Many beautiful views were seen, and for me, this made the entire hike worth while.  Also, our timing worked out well.  After we reached our final destination, it was no longer than 5 minutes before it started raining.  The hike back to the car (2nd half of the hike) was windy, wet, and cold.  Luckily we had proper clothing along to allow us to hold up within the elements.  This hike was approximately 3.6 miles one way and the same distance back to the car.  3.6 miles may not seem long but it was vertical hike which made it seem as if the hike was 10 miles each way.      


"Eagles Nest" And yes, that building is slightly hanging
over the cliff.  

The start of the hike. 


Myself, along with Kristine and her family.  (Her uncle 
took this photo so he's absent in the mean time)

Kristine's brother Eivind, myself, and Kristine's 
mother Sølvi.  

Sølvi and me

10 minutes or so up the first mountain.  

Kristine's sister Anna.  

Myself with Kristine's cousin Edel-Merete.



I'm a baby and need to use a chain sometimes. 


Kristine's cousin Daniel and myself laughing about
something most likely non-important.  

Kristine's cousin's dog "Donna".  This dog is 11 years 
old and was very impressive with her hiking skills.  

Daniel's next album cover? Perhaps...









Donna 

Snowball fight on the top of one of the mountains. 



Daniel being creepy...why not? 

Beautiful view of the Lysefjord and little town 
located where the fjord ends.  

Daniel and Eivind 

Notice my right leg in front of Kristine.  I was NOT
going any closer to the edge.  

Star hiker!  

The top of the last mountain had
signs pointing us toward our final
destination.  

Drop off cliff

Lunch on the top of the last mountain.  

Edel-Merete

Kristine being crazy.  That rock is stuck between
two cliffs at approximately 3640 feet.  There isn't 
enough money in this World someone could
pay me to go on that rock! 



No comments:

Post a Comment